While the material covered this week in lecture wasn't entirely new, the way in which it was described and dealt with was. I had come across it during a lab several weeks ago, in which we dealt lists within lists with a series of numbers and "None" placed within them; I am of course referring to "trees". It was difficult to deal with then, and so I was fortunate that my lab partner that week had a better grasp on the idea than I did. The lecture this week did shed some light on the subject though, and so I am finding it a little easier to grasp. However, despite the added help, I am still finding the whole thing a little tough to tackle, especially as far as writing the code goes.
As far as the concept goes though, I am understanding what trees are. The diagrams provided in the slides and during the lecture helped me understand how they work, as did the definitions and key words associated with binary "trees". And, through this I have managed to learn a little more about recursion, and how the various parts call upon one another. I of course knew beforehand what recursion was, and how to write the code for it, but the visual help aided in cementing the idea in my mind as to what recursion really is.
No comments:
Post a Comment